Endowment Fund Scholarships Process
- Endowment fund scholarships are open to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students in college. Students will need to fill out an endowment fund scholarship application and attach the required paperwork.
- A point system will be used to determine the winners. (Point system found on MACD endowment fund scholarship application evaluation criteria form ).
- The scholarship is open to students parsing a Natural Resources field of study (List of fields of study found on the MACD endowment fund scholarship criteria form).
- Five $5,000scholarships are given each year. students can defer the scholarship to be used at a later date. Scholarships will be sent directly to the college.
- The scholarships may be used at a two year junior college or a four year college in MS.
- The student may only win the scholarship once.
- Deadline for the scholarship is October 1 of each year.
Mississippi Soil and Water Youth Camp Scholarship
- MACD Youth camp is a five day natural resources camp held each summer. The camp is open to students going into the 10th grade through students going into 12th grade. Cost of the camp is $100 per student. If you would like more information about this camp, contact your MSWCC field representative.
- Current youth camp participant are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- A completed scholarship application form must be filled out and supporting information attached.
- Deadline for application is found on Youth Camp Application and Youth Camp Scholarship Application. Scholarship applications received after the deadline will be discarded.
- All youth camp applications are mailed out yearly to SWCD offices.
- A $3,000 scholarship will be given to one camper that has submitted a scholarship application. Guidelines will be included in registration packet.
MACD Auxiliary / Mississippi Conservation District Employees Association Scholarship Process
- Mississippi Conservation District Employees Association Scholarship is open to graduating MS High School seniors or students presently enrolled in a MS college or university.
- Students should fill out a MCDEA scholarship application and attach the required paperwork.
- The applicant will receive additional points if pursuing a degree in conservation or conservation related field.
- The applicant must be a child or grandchild of :
- Member of the MACD
- Mississippi Association of Conservation Districts Auxiliary
- District Employee
- Natural Resource Conservation Service Employee
- Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation Commission Employee
- Scholarship will be sent directly to the college upon notification of the student’s enrollment in a conservation course study.
- Deadline for the scholarship is December 1 of each year .